Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Yup, Now we're working it!


Here's the update - I'm down 6.4lbs in total and here's how I'm doing it. I am following the detailed plan provided by my dietician. There are three suggestions that I have incorporated that are making a difference:

1. I have a small, simple carb (like 4 oz of fruit juice added to my water bottle) before my workout. I had been working out on a fast because I'm in the gym at about 6 am when I have NO appetite for food.

2. I have more protein early in the day - 10-12 gr for breakfast and another 9 grams or so by mid morning. This keeps my appetite satisfied 'til well into the day.

3. I am learning to have MORE fat - OM*!! I was raised in a home with a parent who was diagnosed with high-blood pressure early in my childhood; I grew up on low sodium/low fat and have never really liked sauces/gravies/dressings/etc. I've been experiementing with flavored oils in my cooking to add flavor and stuff and I'll admit that one night when I sauteed onions in butter, I had butter nightmares that night! LOL

It's weird but my story is upsidedown compared to what you hear on tv and read in magazines (lower your calories, cut out the fat, etc.) But no matter how you cut it, CHANGE IS HARD! I have committed to the process of asking for help, following those suggestions and guess what - it is working, WOW! :) :):)

Thanks for your input and I hope that my feedback is helpful to others who are struggling to make the changes that lead to health.

All the best,
Glynis

No comments:

Post a Comment